Explore the island’s eastern highlights from Grenada chocolate to rum and rainforests on this fun-filled private tour offered by Caribbean Horizons.
Eastern Adventure – Grenada Chocolate, Rum & More Highlights
- Look out for Mona monkeys in the beautiful Grand Etang Forest Reserve
- Visit Grenville, Grenada’s second largest town, known as Rainbow City
- Sample bean-to-bar Grenada chocolate at two factories
- Sip on over-proof rum at River Antoine Rum Distillery
- Take a scenic drive along Grenada’s east coast, through fishing villages and beaches
Full Tour Description
Get a real taste of the Isle of Spice on this 8-hour private Grenada island tour, taking in many of the highlights on the eastern side of the island, including Grenada chocolate, rum and more. Drive through the lush Grand Etang rainforest, climbing to 1,900 ft (579m) above sea level. Keep an eye out for the mischievous Mona monkeys! Next head to Grenville, Grenada’s second largest town, known as Rainbow City, and famous for its fishing industry and nutmegs. Next up, witness the tree-to-bar chocolate production at Belmont Estate and the Grenada Chocolate Company, and of course sample the award-winning chocolates before deciding on which to purchase. If you haven’t brought a picnic, enjoy a delicious authentic Grenadian lunch at Belmont Estate. Nearby another tasting adventure awaits at River Antoine Rum Distillery. The 200-year old water-powered distillery produces over-proof rum from raw cane, which you can sample for a small fee. For the return journey to St George’s, the tour takes the scenic eastern coast, stopping at La Sagesse Beach for a refreshing swim. The black and white sand reveals the island’s volcanic origins, and the beach is a popular bird watching spot, frequented by migratory birds. End the day enjoying evening views from prime lookout points or with an impromptu drink at Nimrod’s Bar in Woburn, a picturesque fishing village.
Things to note:
· Private tour
· Travel in AC vehicle with experienced tour guide
· Tour times: 8am – 4.10pm (approximate times)
· Wear a swimsuit (if you’d like to swim at the beach) with coverup / comfortable clothing and shoes
· Bring a towel, sunblock, insect repellent, sunglasses, camera, and cash for souvenirs and gratuities
· Leave jewellery and valuables behind