Enjoy a Carriacou Day Tour from Grenada with Caribbean Horizons, with visits to the museum, boat-building village and swimming and snorkelling at Sandy Island.
Carriacou Day Tour Highlights
- Take a 20-minute panoramic flight from Grenada to the sister-isle, Carriacou
- · Enjoy an island-tour stopping at the museum and a traditional boat-building village
- · Tuck into a delicious lunch at a top Carriacou restaurant
- · Visit nearby Sandy Island via speed boat for swimming and snorkelling
- · Return to Grenada via ferry with views along the west coast
Discover Grenada’s beautiful sister isle on this fun-filled Carriacou Day Tour, perfect for the whole family. Start the day with a quick 20-minute panoramic flight from Grenada to Carriacou. Take in all the island’s highlights led by one of Caribbean Horizons’ expert tour guides. Learn about the island’s history, unique culture like ‘Big Drum’ and visit the Carriacou Museum and the traditional boat-building village of Winward, where the award-winning documentary Vanishing Sails was filmed. Pause for a delicious local lunch before taking a quick speed boat ride to nearby Sandy Island. Enjoy a desert island experience in paradise, swimming and snorkelling in the crystal-clear waters of the marine park, teeming with tropical fish, sea urchins, coral reefs and more. For the return journey, enjoy the views of out-islands and the west coast of Grenada as you return to the mainland via ferry.
To explore further up the Grenadine island chain, check out our Fly Sail Catamaran – Grenadines Tour from Grenada.
Things to note:
- · Group tour with minimum 2 pax
- · Travel via small propeller plane, AC vehicle, speed boat and ferry with experienced tour guide
- · Tour times: 7.45 or 9.00am – 5.30pm
- · Suitable for all ages
- · Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- · Passport required for air travel
- · Bring a swimsuit and towel if you’d like to swim at Sandy Island
- · Bring sunblock, insect repellent, sunglasses, camera, and cash for souvenirs and gratuities
- · Leave jewellery and valuables behind