Visit three beautiful spice gardens of Grenada, filled with tropical flowers and fruit, fragrant spice trees and more, led by a Caribbean Horizons tour guide.
Fragrant Spice Gardens of Grenada Tour Highlights
- Take a scenic drive through the hills visiting three beautiful spice gardens of Grenada
- Explore the lush five-acres of landscaped gardens at Sunnyside Garden
- Learn about flowers, fruits and spices at Smithy’s Garden, known for its wild feel
- Sample delicious products made with fruit and spices at De La Grenade Industries
Full Tour DescriptionYou’ll quickly see why Grenada earned the nickname ‘Isle of Spice’ on this Fragrant Spice Gardens of Grenada Tour – a treat for all the senses, visiting three beautiful gardens. Sunnyside Garden offers five acres of palms, orchids, hibiscus, bromeliads, tranquil coy ponds and more, with many of their blooms featuring in Grenada’s RHS Chelsea Flower Show displays over the years. Smithy’s Garden, just a mile from historic Fort Frederick, is known for its wild feel. The owner Anne and her daughter Claire are florists, and after a tour of the lush garden, enjoy a refreshing local juice and a chat with Anne on the veranda, with entertainment provided by the garden’s inquisitive resident birds. At De La Grenade Industries, take a tour of the herb and spice garden and then learn about the manufacturing of jams, jellies, syrups and liqueurs, all made with Grenada’s finest spices and fruit. It’s great place to buy gifts and souvenirs, with the chance to sample before making your purchases.To explore more beautiful gardens of Grenada, consider our Grenada Spice & Palm Gardens Tour, or to learn about Grenada’s agriculture, plant uses and medicinal properties, check out our Grenada Botanist Tour – Walking/Hiking.
Things to note:
- Group tour with minimum 2 pax
- Travel in AC vehicle with experienced tour guide
- Tour times: 9am-12.30pm
- Suitable for all ages
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring sunblock, insect repellent, sunglasses, camera, and cash for souvenirs and gratuities
- Leave jewellery and valuables behind
- Guests are required to sign a disclaimer