For a real taste of island life, enjoy this half day tour with Caribbean Horizons, taking in top Grenada attractions, from markets to chocolate to waterfalls.
Spice Island Explorer – Grenada Attractions Tour Highlights
- Admire the beautiful Carenage, the historic harbour of St. George’s
- Browse the bustling central market, filled with spices, vegetables and fruits
- Drive along the scenic west coast, through quaint fishing villages
- Learn about spice production at the Gouyave Nutmeg Station
- Visit Diamond Chocolate Factory and enjoy the delicious samples
- Take a refreshing dip in the plunge pool at Concord Falls
Full Tour Description
This half day Caribbean Horizons tour takes you to many top Grenada attractions for a true flavour of island life. Start by driving along the Carenage in St. George’s – the picturesque historic harbour that has earned it the moniker of ‘Portofino of the Caribbean’. In the heart of town, explore the colourful and chaotic central market, brimming with spices, vegetables and fruit from all over Grenada, along with locally-made souvenirs. Passing the national stadium named after Grenada’s first Olympic medalist, Kirani James, enjoy the stunning ocean-views along the island’s west coast as you head north. At the Gouyave Nutmeg Station, breathe in the fragrant aromas as you learn why Grenada is known as the Spice Isle. The island is also fast gaining a reputation as the chocolate capital of the Caribbean, producing award-winning organic chocolate with unique flavour profiles of citrus, vanilla, nutmeg and ginger. At Diamond Chocolate Factory and Cocoa Estate you’ll witness traditional farming and chocolate production, and have the chance to sample the products of course! On the return journey to St. George’s, the final stop takes you to Concord Falls, for a refreshing dip in the plunge pool, surrounded by lush rainforest.
For an alternative half day island tour, check out the itinerary for our Spice Isle Unveiled – Grenada Island Tour, or consider our Best of Grenada – Private Island Tour, for a fully bespoke experience.
Things to note:
- Group tour with minimum 4 pax
- Travel in AC vehicle with experienced tour guide
- Tour times: 8:10am – 1:10pm
- Suitable for all ages
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a swimsuit and towel if you’d like to swim at the waterfall
- Bring sunblock, insect repellent, sunglasses, camera, and cash for souvenirs and gratuities
- Leave jewellery and valuables behind