Adventurous travellers and nature lovers alike will enjoy Caribbean Horizons’ advanced Grenada hiking tours led by one of our experienced tour guides.
Grenada Hiking Tours – Advanced Hikes Highlights
- Explore Grenada on foot on an exciting hiking adventure with Caribbean Horizons
- Discover the hidden delights of the island from rainforests to rugged coastlines
- Learn about the island’s flora and fauna with an experienced tour guide
Full Tour Description
Caribbean Horizons offers a range of exciting Grenada hiking tours – taking intrepid explorers off the beaten trail and in search of some of the island’s hidden gems. Trails can be hard to find and ill-maintained, but our experienced guides know the routes well, and are ready to ‘cut bush’ to clear the way where necessary. One of our favourite trails crosses through the lush rainforest from Grand Etang to Concord Waterfall. This is a strenuous route best suited for fit and experienced hikers, who will be rewarded with breath-taking views and a refreshing swim in the plunge pool of the waterfall. Another popular route is from Grand Etang lake to Fedon’s Camp at 2,516 feet (767m) – a stronghold and point of refuge for Grenadian revolutionary Julien Fedon. Some of our more challenging hikes include summiting Mt. St. Catherine, the island’s highest peak at 2,767 feet (843m) above sea level, and a technical hike to Tufton Hall Waterfalls, through streams and up steep escarpments to the beautiful cascading falls and rust coloured rocks. A legendary iron-man hike takes you to another hidden waterfall, Golden Falls, in the foothills of Mt. St. Catherine – a mystical place where hot sulphur springs and cool rivers meet. The hike requires clambering over bounders, walking through riverbeds and along a deep, dramatic gorge carved by the force of the water over many years, with walls over 100 feet (30m) high, covered in lichens, moss and giant tree ferns. Gentler hikes suitable for most abilities include exploring the scrubland of Grenada’s southern peninsulas with stunning views out to sea. Each hike is unique and challenging in its own way, and we are ready to suggest the right hike for you based on your interest and ability level.
For a less strenuous hike, with a focus on the flora of Grenada, check out our Grenada Botanist Tour.
Guest review for Grenada Hiking Tours – Advanced Hikes
“I am writing to greet the tour guide Mac, and to let him know that the tour to the rainforest was the best day of all our holiday in Grenada. We learned more with him than with the tours that our teachers organised for us. We miss his riddles! Please let him know that we are very grateful to him.” – Adriana Lucas
Things to note:
- Group tour with minimum 2 pax
- Travel in AC vehicle with experienced tour guide
- Tour times: 8am – 1:30pm (approximate times)
- Requires fitness for strenuous hiking
- Wear a swimsuit (if you’d like to swim) with coverup / comfortable clothing and secure hiking or walking shoes (not sandals or flip flops) that can get wet
- Bring a towel, sunblock, insect repellent, sunglasses, camera, and cash for souvenirs and gratuities
- Keep electronics in a water-resistant bag/case
- Leave jewellery and valuables behind
- Guests are required to sign a disclaimer