A spectacle of colour and fragrant air awaits on this special garden tour by Caribbean Horizons, featuring Grenada spice trees, exotic fruits, flowers and more.
Grenada Spice & Palm Gardens Highlights
- Visit three tropical gardens filled with Grenada spice trees, flowers and fruit
- Explore flowering trees, orchids and more, along the hillside at Gem Rose Eden Gardens
- Enjoy fantastic views overlooking the port and colourful blooms at Palm Tree Gardens
- Learn about Grenada’s fragrant spices at Laura Herb & Spice Gardens
From US$ 97.50
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Full Tour Description
You’ll soon discover why Grenada is known as the Isle of Spice. This fascinating gardens tour offered by Caribbean Horizons is a must for garden lovers and nature enthusiasts. Discover fragrant Grenada spice trees, exotic mouth-watering fruit and learn about the many products that enterprising Grenadians use them for. Begin the tour at Gem Rose Eden where the enthusiastic owner Gemma Flemming will share her love for her plants as you explore the sloping landscape filled with flowering trees, orchids and more. At Palm Tree Gardens, after touring the extensive gardens boasting over 300 plant varieties, have a drink and a chat on the veranda with the owner, Lawrence Lambert. The last stop takes you to Laura Herb & Spice Gardens, where you’ll follow the path of fragrant nutmeg shells around the beautiful grounds, part of an old estate. Filled with a huge variety of spice trees and herbs including nutmeg, clove, bay leaf and turmeric. Pimento and vanilla pods are harvested, dried and packaged on site.
To explore more beautiful gardens of Grenada, consider our Flowers of Grenada – Tropical Gardens Tour, or to visit larger scale gardens and estates, check out our Grenada Gardens Tour – Island Estates.
Things to note:
- Group tour with minimum 2 pax
- Travel in AC vehicle with experienced tour guide
- Tour times: 9am-12.30pm
- Suitable for all ages
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring sunblock, insect repellent, sunglasses, camera, and cash for souvenirs and gratuities
- Leave jewellery and valuables behind
- Guests are required to sign a disclaimer