A private full day Grenada sailing charter aboard a traditional schooner, with lunch, open bar, swimming and snorkelling, offered by Caribbean Horizons.
Full Tour Description
Enjoy a luxury full day Grenada sailing charter along the island’s scenic south west coast. After a short transfer in an air-conditioned vehicle, hop aboard the waiting vessel. Sail past beautiful bays, beaches and the picturesque St George’s Harbour lined with Georgian architecture, offering a unique perspective on the island. The boat makes several stops for swimming and snorkelling, to Dragon Bag, Flamingo Bay and to the famous Underwater Sculpture Park, named by National Geographic as one of the Top 25 Wonders of the World. [hyperlink to Jason de Caires Taylor website – see below] Enjoy a delicious local lunch and refreshing drinks from the open bar offering Grenada’s famous rum punch, beer, wine and more. Soak up the sun, cool ocean breeze and relax aboard the beautifully preserved schooner. These historic wooden sailing boats were once the main vessels for trade between the islands. Many of them were built in Windward, Carriacou, where the award-winning documentary Vanishing Sails [hyperlink to Vanishing Sails’ website] was filmed. By choosing this charter, you are helping to preserve the dying art of traditional boat building – a craft passed down through the generations. This exclusive sailing experience is perfect for couples, families and small groups wanting to enjoy a day on the water in luxury and style!
For a Caribbean Horizons private tour experience on land, check out our Best of Grenada – Private Island Tour [hyperlink to 8hr tour]. And if you’re interested in learning more about the art of boatbuilding in Carriacou, and seeing the boat-builders in action, check out our Carriacou Day Tour.
Things to note:
· Private tour with price dependant on number of pax
· Travel via AC vehicle and traditional schooner sailboat
· Tour times: 9:00am – 4pm
· Lunch – choice of chicken, fish or vegetarian option (confirm when booking)
· Suitable for all ages
· Wear comfortable clothing and shoes that can get wet
· Bring a swimsuit and towel if you’d like to swim
· Snorkel gear provided
· Bring sunblock, insect repellent, sunglasses, camera, and cash for gratuities
· Keep electronics in a water-resistant bag/case
· Leave jewellery and valuables behind
· Guests are required to sign a disclaimer