Caribbean Horizons unveils the picturesque St. George’s, aromatic spices, waterfalls, rainforests and more on this fun-filled half day Grenada island tour.
Spice Isle Unveiled – Grenada Island Tour Highlights
- Enjoy breath-taking views of Grenada’s capital, St. George’s
- Drive along the scenic west coast, facing the Caribbean Sea
- Learn about spices at Gouyave Nutmeg Station or Douglaston Estate
- Take a refreshing dip in the plunge pool at Concord Falls
- Look out for monkeys in the Grand Etang rainforest reserve
FULL TOUR DESCRIPTION
This is the perfect introduction to the Spice Isle, with a fun-filled Grenada island tour giving you a flavour of what the island has to offer. The tour starts driving through St. George’s, the capital of Grenada, often cited as the most picturesque town in the Caribbean with its water-front Georgian architecture. Then make your way north along the west coast main road, with views out to the Caribbean Sea and passing through small fishing communities. Stop at Concord Falls for a refreshing dip in the plunge pool, surrounded by rainforest. Next breathe in the aromatic spices at either Gouyave Nutmeg Station or nearby Douglaston Estate. Gouyave is the fishing capital of Grenada, and worth coming back to for the famous Gouyave Fish Fry. Lastly, you’ll drive deep into the lush Grand Etang rainforest, climbing to 1,900 ft (579 m) above sea level. The protected forest reserve features an ancient volcanic crater lake, visitor’s centre and is home to the Mona Monkey – so keep your cameras at the ready!
To explore more of the Grand Etang Rainforest on foot, check out our Grand Etang Rainforest – Hike & Swim, or consider a half day Best of Grenada – Private Island Tour, where you can set the agenda in a fully bespoke tour.
Things to note:
- Group tour with minimum 3 pax
- Travel in AC vehicle with experienced tour guide
- Tour times: 8:15am – 12:45pm or 1:15pm – 5.45pm
- Suitable for all ages
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a swimsuit and towel if you’d like to swim at the waterfall
- Bring sunblock, insect repellent, sunglasses, camera, and cash for souvenirs and gratuities
- Leave jewellery and valuables behind